Monday, February 11, 2013

Week 12


I feel like I’m finally able to handle jogging just as well as some people are able to walk. You know, the kind of people with CHF on top of COPD. Ha, ok so maybe it's not that bad, and really my breathing is decent if I'm not going up hill but I'm still super duper slow. Sometimes I feel like I might as well be walking.  My pace is getting a little better (still slow though!) in my shorter runs, but I can’t keep it up in my longer runs with the hills. Today was 12.24 miles and I finished it only about a minute faster than I did a few weeks ago, which is an improvement, but barely, and still super duper slow. I'm curious to see how I'd feel running on a flat route.

I took 2 energy gels, used only one of them and a little over half a liter of water in my hydration pack that I finished off in my last half a mile. I weighed myself before and after, and even drinking about a pound of water on the run I still lost 3 pounds of water weight.

I haven’t been doing any other exercise on my non running days. I had a workout routine involving hand weights and some other exercises for my abs and back, but I’ve been so tired I just chill. I think I should start again though. My abs, back and right shoulder were getting tired in my last 4 miles.

No comments: