Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Getting strong now

Break through! I moved here a little more than a year and a half ago and when I did I mapped out a 3.4 mile route that I would jog maybe 1-3 times a week. I still use this route for my short 3 mile run on the day after my long run, and I use the start and finish of it and other alterations of it in my longer runs. My goal when I first started this route was to one day be able to jog the entire thing with out walking any of it, but never thought I’d be able to. When I first started I had to walk up every hill (even the smaller ones for a total of about 7 or 8 points I had to walk- there’s not a whole lot of flatness around here- usually I’m going up or down). I got to where I could jog the whole thing except for the last half of a ginormo hill at the beginning and the last half of an even more ginormous hill towards the end. Today, for the first time ever I jogged my whole original 3.4 mile route ginormous hills and all without walking and achieved my original goal! I sure can’t keep up with all the hills on my long runs, but today I won! My first run in this town with absolutely no walking. It was a big and significant event for me and I feel so good about it!

No comments: