Monday, January 28, 2013

Week 10

This is starting my tenth week. If I was doing insanity again I’d be done by now. I guess training for a marathon is long and enduring just like the marathon itself.

Today was supposed to be a great run. Only 10 miles, I slept plenty, had the day off before so I was rested and the weather was pleasant. I was even almost looking forward to it. There are some days however, I should just not have to run. I took a couple ibuprofen, waited until I stopped hurting and put my shoes on and went out anyway. I made it a mile before the ibuprofen wore off…or maybe I was hurting so bad the ibuprofen wasn’t going to cut it. Every time I tried to run I realized I liked myself too much to inflict that kind of torture so I let myself walk almost as much as I wanted after that. It would have been a really pleasant walk if I didn’t hurt so much and if I didn’t know I was supposed to be running instead.  At least I got the miles in. Once I was home, put my pajamas back on and sat on the couch with chocolate brownies and a movie. Sometimes it’s hard being a girl.

                                                                                                                  

No comments: