Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Week 2: personal reminders


Rule # 1: Don’t skip a running day.

My training schedule has 4 running days a week (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday). It’s been raining here lately so I’ve been stuck on a treadmill. I’m tired of it already. It’s dumping buckets again today, but I can’t imagine myself getting back on a treadmill right now so I’m probably just going to put on my old running shoes and get soaked. I only have to go 3 miles today, but for some reason 3 miles on a treadmill seems like it takes so much longer than 3 miles outside.

Rule # 2: Eat when you’re hungry

Whenever I exercise a lot, I am ALWAYS hungry. Like I can eat a meal and feel full then not even an hour later be ready for another one.

Rule # 3: Don’t feel guilty about it

Also, whenever I exercise a lot I’m more aware of what and how much I eat. I’m afraid that because I AM hungry all the time if I eat all the time I’m going to take in too many calories and I wind up not eating enough making myself feel even worse. So to let myself not entirely hate this process of training for a marathon, if it’s a healthy food choice I’m going to eat whenever I want so I’m not completely ravenous like I was when I did INSANITY. Also, I’m not going to be as strict with myself in regards to dessert. Rule # 3 so far is the hardest for me, because even though I’m trying to follow rule #2 that keeps me feeling better physically, I still can’t quite shake the feeling that I shouldn’t be eating so much.

Rule # 4: Drink more water
I don't really have any commentary on this one

 
 
It sounds like the rain has eased up a bit, so I think I'd better head out before it gets worse.
 

No comments: