Thursday, December 6, 2012

Recent about nothings


For the first time ever I put peanut butter on my vanilla ice cream with a bit of chocolate syrup. Why oh why have I never done this before? So good.  Also good: peanut butter on celery, apples, bread, graham crackers, a spoon, bananas. I guess I eat a lot of peanut butter. It surprises me that I’m just now thinking to put it on ice cream.

My multi vitamins expired in May. The nurse in me says just throw the bottle away and get new ones, I wouldn’t give meds (even if it’s just vitamins) that expired to my patients, why take them myself? The economical person in me says there’s a bajillion left! Surely they haven’t lost all their potency in 7 months? The reasonable person in me says I can afford a new bottle of MVI’s. The cheap person in me says, BUT THERE ARE SO MANY LEFT! I’m still taking them…for now.

There was a blood drive in my town today. I really wanted to go donate and was planning to after I went to my little meeting with a trainer at the gym I just joined. I sadly decided against donating because I didn’t want to feel horrible during my jog later today especially having to work after. I guess I’ll hold off donating until after the marathon in May with all the running I’m going to be doing between now and then. I haven’t donated since just before I moved here a year and a half ago. In fact, the last time I donated my cell phone rang in the middle of my bleeding, but my purse was on the floor next to me and I couldn’t reach it. I said, “That’s my phone…” hoping my phlebotomist would hand me my purse so I could answer it, but instead she did a little dance and said she liked my ring tone and left it where it was. It was the assistant to my now boss who left a message wanting to set up an interview. I called her back from the snack/recovery table once I was bandaged up and scheduled a day and time for my interview. What a happy happy day. I left that blood bank elated.

A few months ago I made a weird decision to not cut my hair until something significant happened to me. It hadn’t been cut since February this year and was already overdue for another cut. Now it is longer than I’ve had it probably since high school.  My favorite length is just around or below my chin. I’m not sure what caused me to make this decision, maybe I was getting bored and needed some motivation to make something happen but regardless of the reason the decision has been made. The significant event wasn’t anything specifically, but I would know if it was significant or not. If nothing else then I can at least look forward to a haircut any time after May 4 once I complete my first (and possibly last) marathon. In the meantime, you may call me Sampson.

No comments: