Monday, December 17, 2012

8 miles


Today is the start of week 4. I just got back from jogging 8.14 miles. My feet are tired. In fact, that was the most difficult thing to run through was my feet hurting. Sure my legs were tired and sometimes it was hard to breathe, but for the most part if I’m not going up hill my lungs feel pretty good. I might have to get some shoes with better arch support, but at least I don’t get hot spots or blisters.

8.14 miles! That is the furthest I have ever jogged in my entire life…and I’m just now starting to feel the gnawings of a hunger that will soon turn ravenous if I don’t eat soon.

It took me an hour, 36 minutes and 50 seconds giving me an 11:54 per mile average pace. Not bad for me! I keep thinking I have my Christmas angels with me lately. Next week I’ll be home at my parent’s house and plan to go 10 miles. Depending on the route I choose, the terrain will be a little bit flatter, but they still have some pretty good hills too. I need to figure out my route still.

I still haven’t run with water or “fuel” or food of any kind. I haven’t really needed to, but I know I have to start soon. And it’s something I worry about since I’ve never done it before and I’m not quite sure what to try first. It’s strange for me to have my lungs still feel good and my body be tired. Usually it’s the other way around.

No comments: