Thursday, May 10, 2012

I'm smiling because I love it

Insanity day 39

Welcome to month 2! It’s just like starting from the beginning. My muscles are sore all over again and I’m tired. I’ve been working the last 3 nights, and I know I haven’ t been getting enough protein, and maybe not enough calories either so that might be part of the problem as well as not enough sleep. I’m off for a few days so I’ll be able to spend more time preparing and thinking about food (as I sit here eating my lemon pepper baked chicken and zucchini). On the bright side of nutrition I have been valiantly just saying no to all kinds of goodness that has been thrusting itself in my face at work this week. It’s nurses appreciation week and every night there has been candy, ice cream, cupcakes and goodies that normally I would have partaken of. I still crave dessert sometimes (not as often as I used to though) and it’s still hard to not eat it especially if it’s right there. Last night they also brought apple slices “for those of you who don’t want to get diabetes”, which I did eat. I thought it was nice they had an alternative the beautiful cupcakes they were passing out. Aside from a scone with a bit of honey butter I let myself have on Sunday night, the only dessert like thing I’ve had since Easter was that boston cream cake thing I had at my parents 2 or 3 weeks ago. This weekend with Mother’s day and my nephew’s birthday, I’m planning on letting myself have some dessert.

Monday was the weigh, measure and fit test day! It was good! The scale finally dropped into the next decade down and I saw a middle number I can’t ever remember seeing before. That was exciting.  Since insanity day one, total weight loss is 4.8 pounds and I’ve lost  ½ an inch off each upper arm and thigh, an inch off my chest, 1.75 inches off my waist and 3/4ths of an inch off my hips. 

I saw improvement or stayed the same in each exercise on the fit test except the power jacks. I did 5 less than last time which was the same amount I did the first time. That doesn’t bother me too much because the exercise before it I improved by 9 (which is a big number for me) and I think I was still worn out when it came time to do the next exercise which was the power jacks. I totally wear myself out with the fit test and it was hard on Monday going from the fit test to the workout for the day. I had an hour and a half of insanity and then went to work.

This week so far doing insanity and having to go to work for 12-13 hours has left me frustrated with myself in the workouts because I don’t feel like I’m able to push as much as I want to. I jump in a certain exercise thoroughly intending to jump right back up again when I hit the floor and then nothing happens. My legs wouldn’t move. I had to pause and then jump after a second or two when my legs finally connected with my brain. Go!! They just wouldn’t. I can’t say that I blame them, but it still made me mad. I’m feeling like a beginner all over again, but it should be just as fun to see how much more I can do in another couple weeks as it was last month. And I can’t help but smile at the results.

No comments: