Monday, May 21, 2012

BAM!


Insanity Day 50


Today was fit test, weigh and measure day! The thing I fear the most with Insanity is not seeing any improvement after all the hard work I put in every day, and the biggest reward is seeing that improvement. This is why I both dread and get excited for these days all at the same time. Today was a mixture of wins and losses, but overall I have no reason to be upset.

From 2 weeks ago, all of my measurements remain the same except I lost another 1/4th of an inch off my hips. Even though the measurement is the same around my waist I’m starting to see more definition in my torso that wasn’t there a couple weeks ago. As for the scale…well, I imagine hurling it at a tree trunk, watching it bounce off into the street just before a ginormous garbage truck rolls over it. I’ll show YOU who gained half a pound since 2 weeks ago. There goes my beloved new middle number back up to the decade I just can’t get out of. Whatever. I can’t be sad about numbers. I may never get to my dream weight, but I’m certainly smaller than I’ve ever been and that’s leaving me feeling pretty good.

Which brings us to the fit test! I’m always so nervous going into it. Today I worried that since I worked the night before and only slept 3 hours before putting in the DVD I’d not have the pep to push myself to win (I HAVE to beat myself. I just have to). I am not content to just be grateful for the exercise the fit test gives you. I want improvement!



BAM! Improvement! A lot! By my standards anyway.

I guess I didn’t need to worry. BUT, I am slightly worried for 2 weeks from now when it’s all done and I have to beat those numbers. Because I HAVE TO beat them. Even more so than the previous fit tests since it will be the LAST one. I will be so disappointed in myself if I don’t. Each time I do the fit test I push myself so hard and can’t possibly do any more than what I put out, which is why I always worry for the next fit test, and is always what makes it fun to see the numbers go up each time. I am very happy with the fit test results today. I wasn’t expecting that much of an improvement.

I think hitting my goal amount of calories every day has really helped with my energy level, although after the fit test (which lasts about 25 minutes) I had nothing left for the workout after. Aside from the first and last day of insanity, you follow the fit test (which is a really good workout all on its own) with a regular work out, which in the second month gives you about an hour and a half of insanity. Whatever energy I had from the yogurt and pretzels I ate about 45 minutes before I began today was completely drained, I couldn’t even keep up with the first 2 minutes of the warm up. I remember thinking “There’s 57 more minutes?! Gah !”  I was shaking by the middle, and not doing nearly as much as I felt I should/could be doing and I was so happy to be done at the end. I should have eaten a better meal and waited before trying to work out, but I wanted to get it done before I had to go back to work for an inservice. I don’t work tonight or tomorrow and I’ve been consistently hitting my calorie goals for the last 4 or 5 days (keeping a food journal tracking calories of everything I eat has helped a lot) so I’m really looking forward to tomorrow’s workout. I should be feeling really good.

No comments: