Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Top 10


I still have a week and a half, but it’s hard not to think about how it’s going to be once I’m done. I’m excited to be done!
 
Top 10 things I’m excited for in life post marathon:

10. Not worrying about completing a marathon and HAVING to run or else feeling like I’ll go to runner’s hell or the world will end or I won’t make it to the finish line if I miss a training day (I only skipped one running day in the last 4 months because I wasn’t feeling well- and more often than not I didn’t feel like running).

9. An at home pedicure to get rid of my calluses I’ve been too afraid to remove lest I get blisters where the calluses have formed.

8. Having my middle toenail heal on my right foot. Not sure if it will ever happen, but I’m going to do my best to get it back to normal once I’m done with long distance running. I finally lost the nail only to find another one underneath it and it’s thick, purple and ugly.

7. Exercise other than running.

6. Not having to go running for over an hour before starting my 12 hour shift at the hospital.

5. Not having to spend half my Monday running and the other half recovering from running. Also, not having to schedule my life around my running schedule. I’d like to fit exercise into my life, not my life into my exercise routine.

4. Eating dairy without regard to the day of the week or my training schedule.

3. Donating blood (really antsy to donate blood again).

2. Cutting my hair (super ready for a hair cut).

1. Being able to say I completed a marathon. Not that it’s something I want to brag about, but I look forward to being able to say it to myself. It’s been a challenge and a lot of time and effort went into this endeavor, and I know I complain a lot and think I’m a slow and not a great runner and I say I’m never doing more than 10K ever again after this, but when it’s all done, I can say I have completed a marathon and I will have proved to myself I did something I never thought I could. I am a crazy person.

Perhaps after my big day I’ll post a more positive top 10 things I’ve enjoyed in my marathon training…it might have to be a list of 5 though…or 3. J

No comments: