Monday, April 1, 2013

24 miles

More like 23.88. My original route was 24.13, but I got to one point and a road that should have been there wasn't- or maybe it was and couldn't find it, so I had to back track and lost a quarter of a mile. Oh well. This will be the longest distance before the actual marathon. No more new longest distances. Good thing. Running is so hard!

I took 2 liters of water on my back. Running with water is not my favorite. My shoulders are still tired...so are my feet and legs. I was happy to find a water fountain right on my route so I could save some of the water I brought. I drank from the fountain until I wasn't thirsty, and I still drank all the water I brought before I finished. I ate 5 energy gels. My time was not great. It took 5 and a half hours and my last 2 hours or so I had to walk more than I wish I did. I was ravenous when I finished. I had a bowl of cereal with almond milk and a piece of toast around 0800, I finished my run around 1630 and didn't eat until around 1700. My stomach was so angry and growling but I couldn't eat as much as I wanted to and felt sick for a while. I had to set my dinner aside and eat the rest of it later. I'm feeling better now 5 hours post run- my stomach isn't angrily growling and the feeling of grossness bordering on nausea is gone. The munchies are setting in.

I've decided that since I've already grown my hair out for about 13 months now, that to make it worth while I should donate it. The cut portion needs to be at least 10 inches in order to donate. If I go super super short, I've got about 8 inches I could get rid of now. My marathon is in one month. My hair has been growing about just over half an inch a month. That means I've got at least 4 more months of growing it out. I was really really looking forward to chopping my hair off as soon as my marathon was done...but if a few more months means it could be useful for somebody it almost seems like a waste of time to grow it out for 14 months to cut it off for nothing. Does that even make sense? I think I've decided to keep growing it for now so it can be for something.

No comments: