Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Don't stop moving

It always cracks me up at the end of the max interval workout before the cool down the camera man does a sweep over the gym floor showing every one lying down practically passed out, and then a little note pops up that says “don’t stop moving”. I hope my ribs moving up and down are sufficient to qualify for movement.

I’m done! Yesterday I did the last fit test and today is the first day in 2 months I’m not working out before heading into work (except for the few times I had to work on a Sunday). I wish I felt guilty about it, but I’m so tired I don’t care. I've been looking forward to today for the last couple weeks. During the last 2 months I only missed 2 workouts in the 2nd week because I had a fever, and some days I also went for an extra jog or walk. Month 2 was hard and turned more into a chore than it was the first month.  I didn’t lose any more weight in the second month which also made it hard to keep going. In fact, when I weighed yesterday I was a pound more than I was the previous month. It kills me knowing that I’ve been eating as healthy as I have been and working out so hard that I can’t get the scale to move down, but at least my measurements still shrunk. After the first month my arms and legs stopped shrinking too. I wish I could say it’s because I have nothing left to lose there, but I do. My hips and waist still are getting smaller though. I don’t exactly have the body they advertise, but I’m by no means over weight, I’m smaller and more fit than I’ve ever been, I’m stronger and can do more in the workouts, and I now have to go shopping for new clothes because hardly anything I own fits any more.  I love looking at the fit test and comparing my numbers from day one to yesterday. I get more satisfaction with those numbers than I do from the scale or my measurements.

Total count over the last 2 months: 4 pounds lost. ½ an inch off each upper arm and thigh. 1 inch off my chest.  2.75 inches off my waist.  1.75 inches off my hips.

I know I said in a previous post that there’s no reason for me not to work out an hour every day and still go to work, but I take it back. I haven’t decided what I’m going to do yet now that I’m done. I’m not going to stop moving, but I’m pretty sure I’m not going to be doing insanity 6 days a week anymore. I’ll probably go back to jogging on the days that I don’t work throwing an insanity workout in the mix, and maybe doing a month one workout on the first day that I work and take a break the next 2 nights that I work to give me 4 days a week of exercise. I was losing weight before I started insanity with jogging on my days off and eating reasonably, so I should be fine with whatever I decide to do. Today however, I’m doing nothing before heading into work except blogging this post and eating the banana nut bread I baked myself and started eating Sunday night to celebrate being done. It will be gone by tomorrow.

2 comments:

Francisco De Alba said...

Hahahaha, loved your first comment, about your ribs movement (on the floor) qualifying as movement.

Congrats! I just finished reading all of your posts about Insanity, i know it will certainly help me visualize what is ahead.

Good luck and keep moving!

From Monterrey, Mexico.

Katie Lynn said...

Thanks Francisco! Good luck to you too!